Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Wednesday a.m.

Yet another reason that I love the Lenca Indians, the people we are working with in Honduras, is that they are all shorter than me. Well, at least most of them. When were hanging the dedication plaque for Butch Parish's house, the family kept pointing up and up, wanting it higher on the wall. Note that I am tip-toeing and my arm is fully extended. I think they were messing with me.

Wednesday morning. Again. Before you know it the day will be over.

Last night Ben and I went to Bedford to run with our friends. Tempo Tuesday. I decided that I would not tempo but just run the course, which is 7 miles. In the end, however, I did tempo slowly with another guy, just hanging with him to, hopefully, be an encouraging presence. We went 8.00, 7.43. & 7.23. Not bad. Ben, who is not getting enough miles in, due to various factors, did well. He went 6.26, 6.31, and 6.42. Once he gets a base, I think he can really speed up. He lacks confidence also but that will come.

I read this article, Death by Ministry yesterday, and I can't say that it was all that encouraging. I mean look at the title (ha ha)! I guess it made me feel better about some of the things that I feel from time to time. A lot of things do weigh on my mind a lot, so I have to be careful to not let them take me down. I am not always successful. I am guessing that some people are critical of the time I spend running and doing other things, but without those releases, I think I would be in trouble.

Not sure why I said all that last paragraph? I guess coming off a week in Honduras, where I pretty much left behind things here, I can see more clearly what it is that I do each week. I am not complaining, because I really do enjoy most of what I do. There is just a lot of it sometimes.

OK, it's time to get focused and really enjoy this day! I have lots of activities/meetings that should be enjoyable, and I look forward to my Wednesday evening class, where we try to figure out what the preaching text for Sunday is saying to us. I gain so much from hearing what others see.

Have a good un!

No comments: