Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tuesday a.m.



The re-entry to "normal" life continues today. Eight days in Honduras was so wonderful, and it provided a nice break from the routines that I love but that also have a tendency to wear me down. While in Honduras I slept 8, and sometimes 9, hours each night. It was great. Now I am back to barely getting 7. That's not a complaint, really, just an observation of how things seem to work.

Yesterday was good. I actually got more done that I thought I would, and I got my running back on track. I did not run in Honduras, which was disappointing. There were several factors that made running difficult, especially early in the week. As the week unfolded I became comfortable not running, so I didn't. It won't hurt me too much. I'm just glad to be back at it.

My Honduran sunburn is peeling, so I guess I can now be truly classified as flakey. Note to self: don't wear black shirts for the next couple of days. Is it fashionable to wear white at this time of the year?

I heard last night about the terrible earthquake in New Zealand. I used to have several friends in Christchurch and have spent some time there. I hope everyone is OK. Looks like close to 100 people died.

Well, not much to report today, so... See you later.

Oh, I forgot about the picture above. This was taken at one of house sites. Isn't that funny? I guess these two owners could not agree on sharing a fence, so they just built two. I think there is probably a really good sermon in there somewhere.

No comments: