Thursday, February 24, 2011

Spring is coming!


Last night, as I made my way across the parking lot from the Family Life Center to the original building, right before I went up the 3-4 steps, I looked down at the flower bed. There I saw some flowers that had broken through the ground. It won't be long until flowers are in bloom. [The picture above is from Julio's place. There are things in bloom year-round in Honduras, even though it is the dry season presently.]

Busy, active day head: Sermon prep for a little while, 4 mile run once it gets daylight, Center for Congregation meeting @ 11 (free lunch plus possible ministry funds from Lilly Endowment), marriage counseling @ 3, funeral home visit after that, and who knows what else... It's all good. I do know that I will not get my sermon done today but that's OK.

We had a good class last night. We explored Mark's prologue (1:1-13) plus verses 14 &15. There is a lot made about wilderness in the passage, it seems to me. The good news (gospel) is announced in the context of wilderness. I woke up this morning with this thought:

The good news of God is not the absence of problems but to realize God’s presence in them.

On the way home last night I heard this song on the radio (don't tell me it was coincidental):

I have unanswered prayers
I have trouble I wish wasn’t there
And I have asked a thousand ways
That you would take my pain away
You would take my pain away

I am trying to understand
How to walk this weary land
Make straight the paths that crooked lie
Oh Lord, before these feet of mine
Oh Lord, before these feet of mine

When my world is shaking, heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave your hands

When you walked upon the earth
You healed the broken, lost and hurt
I know you hate to see me cry
One day you will set all things right
Yeah, one day you will set all things right

When my world is shaking, heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave your hands

Your hands that shaped the world
Are holding me
They hold me still


The song is entitle "Your Hands" by JJ Heller. It is beautiful!

No comments: