Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday

Where did this week go? It has been an interesting week for me. I had some pretty serious counseling things this week, plus an extra meeting or two. Sermon prep got placed to the back yesterday, so today is the day. I hope to be done with all my preparation for Sunday by midday. I learned a long time ago that I cannot rush or force it, so we'll see.

I attended a lunch meeting yesterday put on by the Center for Congregations, which is a Lilly Endowment funded group. They help churches figure out things, AND they supply up to $15,000 in matching funds to make things happen. I have a few ideas...

Twenty-one miles is what I have so far this week, as far as running goes. I plan on doing 14 tomorrow, and now you know why I have 21 so far. That's right! I want a nice 35 miles for the week. Not 34 or 36 - I want 35! I am so predictable.

Today I am going to try get on my bike for a little while. I am going to take it in for an overhaul next week. I think it has been a while, and they have a really good deal going on. They take it all apart and put it back together again, repacking bearings etc. I need to get it ready for RAIN - Ride Across INdiana in July. I plan to do a couple of 100 mile rides between now and then.

Ben got his driving permit yesterday! He HATES Kedra's station wagon, so Kedra got my truck and took it to get the permit. Ben got to drive my truck home from the BMV and did really well. His problem, like my other sons, is going be over-confidence. Ben's been driving all kinds of things on the farm for years.

Rebecca is in the process of selecting a roommate for Lipscomb. They do all that differently these days. They've created a Facebook page, so now all the kids are kinda stalking each other, looking at pics, trying to figure out who is compatible etc. I told Rebecca, back in my day, that I received a letter in the mail telling me who my roommate was and where he lived. It worked out fine.

OK, time to get busy...

No comments: