Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday afternoon

I'm thinking about heading home. I think my brain is full, and studying seems futile at this point. No comprende presently, and this is not good. I need to take in carefully Mark 9:14-29, which seems to be talking about deficient faith and insufficient prayer.

The sun is out, but what happened to that warm weather? I went for a run this morning and was almost ill-prepared for what I faced. It turned out to be a good run, but a couple of degrees colder and I would have been cold. Ran some hills out at Spring Mill Park; felt good.

Did you like the pictures of the eagle? Friday I went to Bloomington to take my bike in for an overhaul. Fortunately for me, Pat A was available for lunch, so we met and ate at a little place right across the street from the Bikesmith. They were serving all the fish and fries you could eat. Wow, it was good!

I was really needing a break from things, so I took my camera with me and decided that, since gas is so cheap right now, I would take the long way home from Bloomington, hoping to see some things to photograph. I took Old 37 to Needmore, then dropped down through Peerless. Nothing caught my eye. I decided to head out 450 and then cut over to Stumphole bridge. I had seen an eagle there sometime back, way down stream.

When I came around the curve, I started looking. There he was - perched in a tree about a couple hundred yards from the road. I pulled over and turned my truck off. I leaned over and rolled the passenger side window down and stared snapping away. He sat there long enough for me to get those photos and then flew further away from the road.

It has been a busy day. I did quite a bit before running, and then after running I had some good meetings with various people. This afternoon I went to see I guy that I saw last week. He is a friend of a friend. Last week I went to his place, and he was sitting in the dark, in more ways than one. His power had been cut off. We got that fixed the next day, and today he seems to be doing better. I drove him around to do a few things, including getting some groceries. I talked to him some about God's redemptive love - where God loves to roll up his sleeves and join us in our messes, trying to help us out of them.

That's a pretty good thought to end this on, so see you later! Headin' home for a good supper!

No comments: