Monday, February 07, 2011

Here we go again! This week is going to be different for me. I leave for Honduras on Saturday, so I don't have the hours of sermon prep that I usually have. Those hours will quickly fill with other things, which is fine.

Last week didn't let up much. I had things to do everyday and all weekend, so anticipating a week in Honduras is helpful. I feel like I need a break from the usual routine. Being Honduras is not a vacation by any means, but it is a different kind of work. It is refreshing in a lot of ways. Even preparing for the trip, as I will do this week, provides some revival.

Looks like we are going to continue to dodge weather bullets this week. Looks like it will be cold but the chances of a major snow storm have diminished considerably. Everything I am hearing says that we will experience a major warm up sometime next week. I know I will for sure, since the average temperature in Honduras will be around 80. Sorry.

My running for the next couple of weeks is going to be challenging. Since I leave on Saturday (3.00 a.m.), I will need to do my 10-12 miler either on Thursday or Friday. I am going to have to figure when to do my tempo run this week, because tomorrow evening we are going to meet Lester and Maddie in Martinsville, I think, to celebrate his 23rd birthday. None of this is a problem, just a simple adjustment.

OK I need to get after it.

Maybe I'll check in later?

No comments: