Thursday, February 10, 2011

Getting focused


Time to start focusing on our trip to Honduras. Our fund-raising has been different this time. A lot of it came in at the very end, and we can actually buy a little more food than we anticipated. We are very thankful.

Today I am going to help pick up some furniture for the Store, and then I am going to do my long run for the week - 12 miles. After that I have to get several things organized for Honduras. I need to make sure the van is ready to go and load 4 duffel bags into it. Yesterday I got my suitcase out and started putting things all over a spare bed. Today I'll move that process on a little further.

The weather in Tegucigalpa is going to be nice. Highs are in the low 80s and the lows are in the high 50s. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to that, even though I really don't mind winter that much at all. I am really looking forward to the work in Honduras. We are going to build 3 houses, install a water treatment system, help feed people at the dump, and distribute food in our "adopted" village.

So many people have donated so many things for our trip. The biggest prizes to give away are hand-made blankets by Phyllis Mundy and Elizabeth Root. New house recipients will receive these, plus there is a lady I've been reading about that I want to make sure she gets one. She works at a children's home, and her husband was killed in an accident last fall. Some of our friends are building her a house this week. I hope to meet her and give her a blanket.

Luke is on his way to Guatemala this morning. He made it to the Nashville airport, even though they have about 3 inches of snow on the ground. He flies from Nashville to Houston to Guatemala City. I would appreciate your prayers for his safety.

OK, I better get going...

No comments: