Thursday, January 06, 2011


Thursday already? How's your week been?

I am finding the present weather kinda boring. Now, please understand that that is not a complaint; it's just an observation. I welcome the possibility of some light snow overnight, but I hope it does not cancel school tomorrow. I don't think it will.

This week has felt busy. I am hoping I can get most of my Sunday prep done today, because I plan to try go to Indy tomorrow to see a guy who is battling cancer. He's in IU Med center. While there I might be able to see Lester; need to see what his schedule is. I used to think Indy was so far away, but after so many trips in the last 4-5 years, it doesn't seem that far any more.

This morning I was reading in Mark's gospel and came across this beautiful invitation from Jesus to his followers.

“Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.”

Doesn't that sound nice?

In addition to preparing for Sunday (sermon, slides, life group discussion guide), today I plan/hope to:

Run 10 miles
Have a Capstone Ministries meeting
Counsel with a guy who is really struggling/seeking
Talk to a friend
Have lunch with Kedra
Hang out at the ReGeneration Store
Deliver a ReGeneration gift card to a family that needs some basic stuff
Go to the funeral home to see a friend who has lost someone
Visit my neighbor Roger who is still in the hospital
Attend an OCU-B advisory board meeting - free dinner!
Deal gracefully with interruptions to all this

Looks like I better get to work. I want to enjoy that invitation a little later on.

No comments: