Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Goals

I took a few minutes yesterday to reflect on my goals and to establish this year's goals more firmly. I believe setting goals is important. If don't set any, then you will never meet them. It reminds me of my favorite expressions.

If you don't know where you are going, then you won't get there.

My running goals are easier to measure than the others I have. Last year I set the following goals. I have provided commentary beside them.

Run 1560 miles - ran 1729
5K - sub 21 minutes - did not meet this one; ran 21.22
Mini - sub 140 - ran 139.31 on 5/8 at the Mini; this was with the famous collapse
Marathon - 3.33 - ran 3.31.47 on 11/6 at the Monunmental
Weight - 150 - reached this on 2/1; I actually gained 5 back before Monumental. Did I lose too much body fat for Louisville?
Injury free - what a blessing!

Here are my running goals for 2011:

5K - sub 21
Mini - 1.35
Marathon - 3.29.59
Weight - 150
Injury free
Run 1560 miles
Go into 2012 ready to train for excellence in Boston

The weight goal is under review - ha ha. The Mini and Marathon goals are fairly ambitious; goals should be that way, right?

I have lots of other non-running goals, including these:

BE joyful, consistent, and kind all the time

BE positive always

BE a non-anxious presence

BE intentionally relational

Read and re-read from the Gospels everyday

Be still & pray daily

Spend time with one elder at least once a week

Work on core 2x week

Ride bike across Indiana (RAIN)

No comments: