Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Wednesday a.m.

Wednesday already, again! It's all OK, all good. Kedra beat me up this morning; one the few times in our nearly 26 years of marriage. She got up at 4 to take someone to the airport before she reports to school at 8.

Yesterday was a good day! I drove a bunch (must have been a 100 of 'em! Sure seemed like it) of 3rd graders to the Children's Museum in Indy. As I said yesterday, I did this to help out some, plus it provided an opportunity to see Lester and run in Indy. I dropped the kids off and parked the bus. Then I changed into my running clothes and took off. I ended up on part of the Monumental Marathon course, which brought back some great memories; went 7 miles which included some along the downtown canal.

While running I saw this neat looking place to eat, Side Street Deli & Grill, which was only about a mile from the bus. Right when I finished my run, Lester pulled in to pick me up. A quick change of clothes and I was good to go. We had a great lunch, and the Side Street turned out to be an excellent choice!

Lester dropped me back at the bus, where I was able to do some study about mystery. I've done a lot of reading/studying on bus trips over the last few years. I don't know why, but it is really easy for me to think/concentrate in the big twinkie.

I took the kids past some really cool sites yesterday, including Lucas Oil Stadium, the Circle, and the Capitol. Clearly many of the kids had never been to Indy. They were really cute. One boy got so excited when he saw a taxi! Of course they all loved Lucas Oil Stadium.

The video below was done by one of my running friends and reflects a lot of inside jokes, but you get the main point. I haven't mentioned something that happened during the Give Thanks 4 race. Several of my buddies re-enacted my famous "unconscious" finish at Indy. It was pretty funny! They had two guys dragging a third guy, which would be me, across the finish line.

OK, here we go... Wednesday!

No comments: