Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I went to the Mitchell school board meeting last night. I am concerned about recent events regarding the new superintendent. He is supposed to begin work at the first of the year, but last week was arrested on various charges. If you don't know about them, then you aren't paying attention (ha ha)! Based on all that, I feel it would be a huge mistake to allow him to come. I was open-minded and hopeful before the arrest, but all that has changed.

Here is a statement that I read at the meeting:

Thank you for the opportunity to say a few words. I appreciate your hard and careful work as school board members. My concern this evening regards the decision regarding the leadership of our school system. I firmly believe that leaders should be exemplary and model the behavior that we expect from all staff and students.

Leaders are called to a higher standard, and if we don’t hold them to that standard, then we lower the standards for everyone. We cannot afford to do this now or ever, but especially now with an increase of fighting and intimidation in our schools.

I trust that the board will make the right decision, a decision based on integrity and for good of all.


I am praying that this matter can be resolved quickly and peacefully. People do need to speak up, calmly and with civility, regarding this matter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I lived in the Mitchell School District, I would be standing there with you Allen, Pat A