Sunday, November 14, 2010

Still Moving

Sorry about my lack of blogging lately. I wouldn't call it post-marathon blues, because I don't feel blue at all, but I have experienced some definate lethargy this last week.

lethargy >noun 1 a lack of energy and enthusiasm.

Life and responsibilities have required that I keep moving, which is good, but the extra energy and desire have been hiding out somewhere. I've learned to simply be patient. They will come back.

This last week has been fairly uneventful, filled with all the usual things: reading, studying, talking, counseling, teaching, preparing, attending, etc., etc.

As far as post-marathon recovering is concerned, I was planning on running Wednesday but got trapped at the BMV for longer than I anticipated; another day off did not hurt me. On Thursday, a holiday, some of my friends were riding bikes, so I decided to take a little bit of time to go with them. I ended up riding 30 miles on one of the most beautiful November days possible. I ran 5 miles Friday and Saturday. Both runs hurt a lot, but this is all normal.

We are hosting the Give Thanks 4 run in Mitchell on Thanksgiving morning. I've been spending some time getting ready for that, as a director not a runner. There are lots of things to organize/think of!

I hope to more to say this week.

No comments: