Monday, November 15, 2010

Here we go...

And we're off... Off on a journey through another week. I wonder what all will happen this week? Whatever happens I hope to be faithful in it.

This time of the year, in a lot of ways, is my favorite. Fall is my favorite season, and Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I enjoy the time leading up to Christmas, and Christmas itself is also always very special. It is becoming more special now that we have kids that don't live at home anymore. Any time they are home is so nice.

I feel good this morning. I hope to resume regular running this afternoon. My plan is to run around 30 miles a week for the rest of the year, which will put me right at 1700 for the year. That's the most I've run in a long time; feels good. Now that the pressure of the marathon is off, I can enjoy lots of things that I avoided or sacrificed for quite a while.

This week I am focusing on Sunday's assembly which will be about gratitude. I am looking for comments from the congregation, and I already have some very powerful statements. I think it is going to be an amazing day.

No comments: