Sunday, November 28, 2010

A new week has started! I believe the last time I shared with you was on Wednesday. A lot has happened since then; probably not much worth writing about. I guess you will be the judge of that.

I went to bed Wednesday evening wondering just how wet Thursday was going to be. The forecast called for more rain and lots of it. I was concerned because I was directing my first race - The Give Thanks 4. I woke a little after 1 a.m., because Ben woke up sick and was vomiting. Lovely sound. Poor kid; he really wanted to run the race. I managed to go back to sleep. At 4.30 I woke up and was ready to get up. It was not raining! Wow! I turned on the TV to see what was going on. The weather people were on the air telling me that Lawrence county was under a tornado warning. What??

Being a weather junkie, I went down and started looking at radar on my computer. It didn't look that bad to me, so I went on into town. I needed to be there early. When I arrived at a little after 5, the tornado warning sirens were blarring. Weird feeling.

Long story shortened: the tornados didn't happen and about a 100 runner showed up for the race. It was raining pretty hard before the race, and then it stopped in time for us to get started. Amazing! It started raining again, but it didn't seem to bother anyone. Everyone seemed to enjoy the race and the awards ceremony. We had more than 20 wonderful volunteers who made everything run smoothly. I think this race is going to grow into a nice Thanksgiving Day tradition.

Thursday was also my 52nd birthday, but I didn't have much time to think about it, which was fine. We wrapped up the race and all the clean-up by 11 a.m. By then I was hungry and sleepy, so I ate some chex mix and took a nap. The main meal was around 2.30, and it was great! It was so nice have all my children home. Lester and Maddie had to leave Thursday evening, but at least they were here for a couple of days.

Friday I got up and ran with my friends in Bedford. Then I came home and worked on my sermon before having a graveside memorial service for a 94 year old woman. After that it was back to sermon prep. Saturday I ran some more and worked some more in preparation for Sunday.

Today came and now is almost gone. It was a good day. It was hard to see Luke leave but he'll be back in a couple of weeks. It was so nice having him around for a week.

I'm not sure what all will happen this week...

No comments: