Monday, November 01, 2010

Monday

Here we go again!

This week is going to be really different for me, and I really welcome the change. I'm not preaching Sunday, so that changes much of what I do all week. It definately leads to more relaxation.

Last week was good. I loved not having to go out every night. It's amazing how that changes many things. I got a lot of little things done that had been piling up, and I hope to knock a bunch more out this week.

My focus this week, outside of my normal duties, is the marathon on Saturday. I will focus on careful nutrition, avoiding sick people, and getting good sleep. I've been working toward this day, in a lot of ways, for 2 years. Two years ago I was running little and overweight and pre-diabetic.

I made an attempt to qualify for the Boston Marathon at last year's Monunmental and failed miserably. Then I worked hard all winter to prepare for the Louisville marathon. Warm humid weather, coupled with more hills than I imagined, thwarted that attempt. I am hoping the 3rd attempt is the charm.

The weather for Saturday is forecast to be just what I want: start at 30 degrees and finish in the 40s. It is not the most comfortable weather, but it is optimal for my body. I will toe the start line with more than 1700 miles since last year's Monumental, plus I did some cross training on the bike this summer. I think I am ready. I had my anxiety attacks about it all a couple of weeks ago, which is good. Now I am growing in confidence. I had a really good 10 miler on Saturday; just what I needed.

I think I am going up to Indy midday on Friday to get my race packet, etc. Then Kedra and the kids will join me. We will eat and spend the night at Lester and Maddie's place. We are going to stay Saturday night also and go to church with them on Sunday.

OK, enough for now, and sorry if running does not interest you! I'll try talking about other stuff soon.

No comments: