Friday, November 05, 2010

Just waiting

Well, here I am in Indy. Waiting. Waiting for tomorrow morning.

I came up early to have lunch with Lester at the Spaghetti Factory. We then walked over to the Convention Center to pick up my race packet. The race expo was OK. I picked up a headband to cover my likely-to-be-cold ears. I need to look through the bag they gave me to see if there are any goodies worth keeping.

Peaceful is how I feel. Hopeful also. I have been imagining the finish and trying to prepare myself to work through the pain. There will be pain and lots of it. I'm just hoping that nothing physical shuts me down, and I am hoping I can be tough enough mentally.

The work has been done, so I have to trust it. I want to qualify. It is a huge goal/dream. By 11.35 tomorrow I will know. I think you can follow me/find results by clicking here. I am number 522.

Not sure when, but I will be back here to tell you about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can do it, you are strong physically and mentally. I will be thinking of you tomorrow morning.

Pat A