Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Monday

Yesterday was Monday. I don't usually experience the Mondays that a lot of people talk about and dread; don't usually have any problems with Monday. In fact, since they are as far as you can get from Sunday, I find them kinda relaxing; not feeling much pressure from the sermon and classes yet.

Yesterday I experienced what most people dread, I think. I did not sleep well at all Sunday night. I had a bunch of stuff on my mind that just would not go away, plus my legs were restless, very restless, like frog legs in a frying pan. I think the 150 miles of running in three weeks might have been a contributing factor.

I made myself stay in bed until 6 a.m., which threw off my routine. I decided to scale back my running plans, and eventually I scraped them all together in favor of rest. I was getting a lot done in my home office, so I kept working. I pushed to the point that I decided to not check in at church; didn't have time before going to OCU-B.

Once I got to OCU-B I realized that the quiz I had prepared for the day was on my desk at church. Priding myself on quick thinking/problem solving I said, "No problem, I'll just read the questions off my computer and they can write answers down on a sheet of paper." I get into my OCU-B office and open my computer bag. Guess what's missing? That's right, I forgot to put my computer in the bag.

It was about this time that I also realized that I had left at home my lunch and mid-meal snacks for the day. "Wow," I said to myself, "I think I am experiencing a Monday." My first class met and went OK, but in the middle of the class I made a major decision. Thinking this could be my last day on earth, since so many things were pointing in that direction (see above), I decided that I would throw caution, and my strict running diet, to the wind and go to Arby's. With an "eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow we die" attitude, I ordered a combo meal, complete with Pepsi! Man, it was good! I felt so naughty and so alive. It must have been sinful.

Now, here it is Tuesday. I am glad. I think the guilt will go away at some point.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You felt "Naughty" for eating at Arby's? LOL

Hope today goes better.

Pat A

Anonymous said...

Funny, I have experienced the dreaded Monday syndrome 2 or 3 days in the same week.If eating at Arby's is naughty, I'm in a lot of trouble.LOL, thanks for being real.

Don