Thursday, September 23, 2010

Life comes at you fast! So says the commercial and so says me. This week has been a little faster than some.

I took a quick trip to Nashville on Tuesday. That has made everything else a little more difficult to accomplish this week. I went to Lipscomb for a meeting regarding the Hazelip School of Theology and its process of being accepted into the Association of Theological Schools. Boring to most but exciting to me and others. While at Lipscomb I got to see one of the greatest people I know, Earl Lavender, and my beloved son Luke. It was a good trip, even though quick.

My work at OCU-B continues to go well. The class discussions are amazing. Unencumbered by any concern about what others might think, some of the students ask hard questions about life and suffering and confess the difficulties and struggles they have. It is one of the best places to share the Good News of Jesus. I pray for faithfulness.

Saturday is the Persimmon 5K. I'll run it for fun. Marathon training and 5K's are not a very good mix, but it will be nice to do something different. I won't be super fast, but who cares? Saturday is one of my favorite days of the year. I love the 5K, the parade, the fun and festive atmosphere. Luke is coming home for the weekend, so that just enhances the experience.

Today is going to be busy. I'm trying to get my sermon, slides, Life Group discussion guide, and my Sunday morning class all prepared. Focus. Focus. Hey, look there goes a squirrel! I have a little trouble with ADD, or whatever it is called.

So fall is here? Hmmm, doesn't feel like it just yet.

OK, I'll stop for now.

No comments: