Thursday, June 10, 2010

Thursday a.m.


Wow, where has this week gone?

Our trip to Honduras is bearing down pretty hard on me, which is fine. Just a lot of work to do. I read this this morning from Terri Tindall's blog:

With groups here, Marc is making it to the dump to feed hungry people more than once a week. Monday, when he arrived, a group gathered around and began to tell Marc about Fany being hurt over the weekend. Fany is one of the girls that has become our friend. She has a baby, but doesn't bring the baby to the dump. Marc buys milk for the baby every week. Fany is good at crowd control and some times helps serve or hand out water.

She was both hit by a car and stabbed three times.

Today after Marc finished feeding in the dump, he went to Fany's house. Fany's house is tin and wood and maybe 16 x 16, with fifteen living there. Wall-to-wall beds. Fany is in terrible shape and only has a 50/50 chance of living. Marc asked her what happened and she began to cry.

Fany works in the dump every day. Sifting garbage and trying to find a few recyclables to sell so that her family can eat. Others in the house work at whatever they can as well.

Marc helped with groceries for right now. He will get milk for the baby tomorrow.

Fany needs our prayers as she fights for her life.


We will be one of the groups going to the dump. It is one of the most unbelievable places I've ever been. HERE is a video I made there in January.

Our fund-raising keeps surprising me! We now have enough to build 7 houses! If you want to see how that is done, then you can watch THIS.

Running and biking is going well this week so far. Tuesday evening I rode 32 miles - from the Park to the Washington County line and back on 337. There were 6-7 of us. I did a few minutes of pace-lining before foolishly letting myself fall off the back. I should have stuck with it. I still had a good ride, averaging more than 20 miles an hour for 10 miles. The pace-liners averaged about 25, which reflects the power of working together, experience, drafting, and all that good stuff. Ahead this week, sometime, lies a long run and long ride.

I spoke at a church in Louisville last night. It was a good experience, but it made for a late night. I didn't get home until 10. Short on beauty sleep, but of course I can pull it off, since I have beauty in reserve.

No comments: