Sunday, June 06, 2010

Another Sunday afternoon

I have a few minutes between all the activities, so I will try catch up with this blog. It helps me to write about a few things that are going on in my world. Therapy I guess. Reading this, however, you would get a very skewed view of my life. There are lots of things I don't/can't talk about. I would simply have to kill you if I told you, you know, that sort of stuff.

It has been great having Luke home! Of all of our 4 children he is the most talkative. He keeps telling stories as he thinks of things; makes me want to make sure I am around when he is around. We are trying to fatten him up a bit. He was already thin, and he lost more weight while in Guatemala. I've smoked brisket, chicken and pork for him so far! Trouble is I am fattening up along with him! Sure is fun though. Going to have to ramp up the miles.

I did do a very slimy 14 mile run yesterday. It was so humid! The fresh, cooler air that is blowing in presently is so nice and refreshing. I plan to get on the bike after while and try do a nice 15-20 miler. That will make me close to 75 miles for the week on the bike. I ran 35, so I have covered some territory in the last few days. I love it. I would like to ride 100 and run 40 each week.

Four weeks from today I, along with 20 other people on our team, will be in Honduras. Wow, it's coming quickly. I have lots of work to do, so I am hoping this week will be one of great production. The funds for this trip keep rolling in. It has been really neat to watch. We have enough to get 21 people there and back, to install 2 water treatment systems for children's homes, and to build 6 houses. We actually have a good start on the 7th house, thanks to a nice $500 check this morning.

During the trip I hope to do some scout work for a strategy that I would like to employ. I'll share more about that some other time. For now I will say that it involves a more focused approach in a specific area.

Well people are starting to arrive for Life Group. Gonna talk about adultery. Should be interesting! ha ha.

No comments: