Thursday, May 13, 2010

Rebecca and her special dad


Rebecca is 17 today! She was born just before midnight, and I remember it very well. After having 2 wonderful sons it was neat to have a little girl. Still is, especially with 3 wonderful sons.

Before the mini I said that I didn't want to be "special" during the race. Of course it turns out that I was more special than ever, and there are pictures to prove it. Oh well...

I ran 5 miles yesterday; it was OK. I was hoping to bike some but I have to get some biking shoes first. Maybe today. I think I am really going to like the bike. The cross training should really help my running.

We had a good class last night, discussing honoring parents. One of the most helpful things came from a guy who had a pretty harsh father. He commented that forgiveness is a key component in honoring a parent who didn't do particularly well and the understanding that he was probably simply following what he knew from experience. One way to honor the role of parenthood is to break the cycle of poor parenting by seeking to be a better parent yourself.

4 comments:

Allen said...

Oh, should have mentioned this, Ryan Roberts is the guy, the good guy in white, holding me up, along with the other guy who called me, "old."

Allen said...

Here are some links to race photos:

MINE

RYAN'S

Ryan's has better photos of my downfall.

Anonymous said...

i was thinking of ordering a large poster, maybe even life size of us crossing the finish line ( actually me dragging you across the line!)i guess i should have looked at the clock because you had a few seconds to spare thus i wouldnt have had to have drug you so hard to meet your goal time. :)

Allen said...

No, you should have drug me faster! I could have gone under 1.39!

I'll be happy to autograph your poster, if you want, assuming I am having a good day of walking, staying upright.