Friday, April 16, 2010

What's going on?

This has been one of the most unusual weeks I've had in a long, long time. Trouble is - it's not over yet. I still have a sermon to prepare and a wedding rehearsal tonight followed by the wedding tomorrow.

You know that Butler thing right below these words? We'll that thing took on an interesting life. Somehow it got picked up by Google and must have been forwarded or something. On Tuesday I had more than 2000 visits, more than 1200 on Wednesday, and close to 800 yesterday. It's finally slowing down today. Back to faithful few. Thanks, by the way!

I'm having a lot of trouble with the sermon this week. There have been so many distractions and heavy "life" issues that it has been hard to concentrate. I'm hoping for a break through. Now would be good.

I still want to talk about Alan and his funeral, but I'll save it for later.

Still tapering for the marathon, which is a week from tomorrow. I'm running 11 miles in the morning and then it's all single digit runs until the big day. I am dedicating my run to Alan. He was very interested in it/me. We had plans for him to teach me to swim after the marathon with a view of doing a triathlon in the summer.

No comments: