Friday, March 12, 2010

What a day!



I have my new computer, which means I am trying to figure out lots of stuff. I don't have my email working yet, but I have a plan to get it going. Lots of newness! Can this old dog deal with it? We'll see...

Yesterday was a great day! The highlight was baptizing three wonderful people. I'll introduce them on Sunday.

Last night Kedra and I went to Texas Roadhouse to celebrate our anniversary. Texas Roadhouse has lots of memories for us. It is mostly where we have celebrated significant family events over the years, from the time the kids were young. It just seemed like the place to go last night. And of course the food is good AND we had gift cards. At this point practicality is romantic!

On our way home we got a call from Lester and Maddie, down on the Gulf Coast. They asked if it would be OK for them to come by Saturday night for supper and to spend the night. We told them that it would be very inconvenient and that they should not come. JUST KIDDING! We told them that we would throw another rack of ribs on the smoker and couldn't wait to see them. Luke will be home, so everyone will be here. I love it.

Today is going to be filled with computer learning, finishing up prep for Sunday, and a quiet evening at home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is Awesome,and HE does answer prayers!

Don England

Allen said...

He is awesome indeed! The three folks who were baptized are Don's inlaws (couple to the right), along with a cousin to his mother-in-law (on the left).

God has moved in mysterious and wonderful ways over the last few weeks. It's been such a joy to be a participant in His plan.

It's so great to meet and make new friends!