Saturday, March 13, 2010

Saturday evening




It's been another good day!

This morning I had a good 16 mile run with some great people. It was very enjoyable. It was a little bit of a relief also. I had a hamstring scare mid week. No, it didn't jump out from behind a wall and say "Boo!". [I am so funny.] The scare was that it got very sore after Tuesday evening's tempo run. I took Wednesday off and cut Thursday's run short as a preventative move. It worked. Everything seems fine now.

This afternoon I smoked ribs. Lester and Maddie came in around 3. They are on their way back from Florida. They will spend the night and go to church with us in the morning before heading back to Indy tomorrow afternoon. Luke got in about 5. He is on spring break. I really look forward to having him around.

Tonight was truly special. It's hard to get all 4 of the kids + Maddie together at the same time. Since we were all together I had some pictures taken. We celebrated Luke's 20th birthday which is tomorrow (14th).

Getting ready to spring forward as I get ready to jump into bed before too long.

Good night!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We should start calling you "Famous Allen"! That looks better than my trash can lid last night. From a guy with 4 kids (with one half way across the country) I know how hard it is to get everyone together. ENJOY it when you can. Also, you had another great run today!

Allen said...

Thanks, Tim. Actually I've been labeled "The Holy Smoker." I call my product line and service "Holy Smokes Barbecue." ha ha.

One day, when I hit the big time, you can say you knew me way back when.

You know, it is an odd mixture: smoking and running. Oh well.