Monday, March 22, 2010

It snowed today!

We left home at 2.15 this morning. Ben needed to be at school at 2.30 to get ready for his big trip to Washington, D.C., so we decided that we would all drop him off and head south. There was no traffic, which made for a really quick trip.

We met Kedra's parents at our favorite place to eat breakfast--the famous Gibson's Barbecue. Eggs, country ham, toast (passed on the grits). Good stuff.

As we traveled south an unusual thing happened: it kept getting colder. By the time we hit Alabama it was in the 30s. It was cold and very damp; a mist was ever present. Thanks goodness for intermittent wipers.

After breakfast we went to Kedra's old home place, and I took a nap for about an hour. I needed to run and wanted to run. I kept looking outside; it was raining. Time to man-up! Well, I didn't have my favorite pants (see a few posts ago), so I had to don an old pair that I'm not that crazy about. I got all dressed up, so the place to go was outside. Six miles was on the schedule. It was raining when I started but it was not very long until there were huge, fat flakes of snow falling from the sky. Beautiful. Weird. All OK. Got the six miles in. I was wet and a little cold.

Hot shower. Another nap. Trip to Wally world for stuff. Trip to Dick's for some gel for running. Waiting on everyone else presently. Looks like we are going to eat at Longhorn Steakhouse tonight. The day is going to end well, very well!

And I reflect on my eating today it is a good thing that I have a good workout planned for tomorrow: 9 miles of running and several on the bike.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would not have passed on the grits!
Pat Arthur