Saturday, March 20, 2010

Done!

Today was my big 22 miler. I can't say I was looking forward to it OR dreading it either. I just wanted to get it done. And done it is. I think I actually did around 22.5 or a little more.

I started around 6.40. I wanted to get a few miles in before being joined by John H. and Larry M. at 7.20. I came by the truck, gulped some water and gel, and the three of us took off for 4+ miles before coming back at 8 a.m. to meet the rest of the crew.

The default run for the group this morning was a 10 miler. That went really well. I ran several of the miles at the required marathon pace or faster, so that was a confidence builder. The 10 mile segment went quickly and so did the last 4 miles, which were with Rand H, Bill D. and John H. It was a great way to finish a great day!

I feel good, and I feel like I am just about ready. Five weeks from today is the big day. I have 2 more weeks of hard training, a week of hard, mixed with tapering. Then 2 weeks of tapering. Next week I plan to run another 20 miler, followed by a 15K the next week, followed by one last 20 miler. Starting to the see the finish... I like what I see.

No comments: