Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Bronco Lives!



Long time readers of this blog know that about 3 years ago my 3 sons bought 2 Broncos for 3 hundred dollars. Years later, after 100s of dollars spent, the Bronco is hitting its stride. Luke rolled it about 15 months ago and has spent a lot of time getting everything back together. He, along with Ben (and I think Lester) "chopped" the top off, converting it from a SUV to a small truck. This week he tracked down some tires, and now it's all good to go.

We could not have done any of it without the help of Brent Fields. He has help a lot, and this week he welded a new, cool bumper for it. The original one got totally messed up in the infamous Luke roll.

I love it! When I was a kid my dream vehicle was the original Bronco. I still remember getting brochures at Mitchell Motors and dreaming of what it would be like to have one. Now my dreams have come true! I took the trash off with it this afternoon. You may see me driving it around town. How cool I will be!

My neighbor, Redneck Roger, saw us playing with our new (much needed for the driveway) pile of stone today. He wanted the boys to change his oil, so we motioned for him to come down. He came down and then proceeded to run his truck up on the stone pile just like boys did with the Bronco. We all cracked up.

Roger is deaf and has been an interesting part of our lives for the last several months. He is a good neighbor with lots of funny stories.

No comments: