Sunday, February 21, 2010

Good Weekend!

It's almost over, but it was a nice weekend!

Since Kedra, Rebecca, and Ben went to Winterfest, along with Lester's Maddie, I invited Lester to come down for a long run. He arrived Friday night, and we enjoyed a nice spaghetti dinner together. [Before I moved onto smoking meat, I used to really enjoyed making spaghetti sauce; it was nice to return to it.] We watched some of the Olympics, and then I headed to bed for my beauty sleep. Have to keep my stunning good looks, you know! [yeah, whatever]

We got up Saturday morning, and I made a nice pre-run breakfast. I eat more and differently than I used to before running, thanks to some good nutritional counseling from Johnathan (at the gym). We left the house before 7 a.m. and met up with a couple of other guys, John H. and Ryan R. The weather turned out to be just right: 30s, no wind, and no rain. We cranked out 5 miles and then came back to join the larger group. We ran 10 with them, and then did 5 more on our own. It was Lester's first 20 miler and the first for me this year. I'll do 3-4 more before April 24th. I think I'm going to throw in a 22 miler also. Our pace yesterday was pretty good: 8.43 per mile. Not bad for the first one.

After the run we came home and ate. Then I took Lester to see the movie To Save A Life. I really enjoyed it and recommend it. It has a powerful message and is done in a real and relevant way. It is a "Christian" movie but not preachy or heavy-handed.

Next on the itinerary was a stop at Pinto's steak house. Yum,yum. After a full day, and with a full stomach, I said good-bye to Lester. He headed home to Indy. His pharmacy studies are pretty demanding, so he had to go do some work. I hated to see him go; we had such a nice time together.

Now I'm sitting here waiting on 3 of my favorite people in the world to walk through the door. I'm cooking a nice supper for them. Our Life Group did not meet this evening, since several of our members are just getting back from Winterfest and a couple of others were unavailable this evening.

This week is going to be busy but good! I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: