Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Tuesday

I hope your week is going well. Yesterday was a good, productive day for me. I love it when I get a lot done, and yesterday was one of those for me.

Ben had a basketball game in Brownstown last night. They won, so that was enjoyable. I have to tell you, though, that I find the behavior of basketball fans pretty troubling. Some of our folks yell, scream, curse, swear, and in other ways embarrass themselves. Actually I don't think they are embarrassed, but I am. Our coaches, Darren S. and Don C. are just the opposite. They are models of restraint and courtesy. I really appreciate that. They encourage, instruct, and challenge the boys. The Brownstown coach was yelling and throwing things. What does that teach? Oh well. My journey with sports continues... It's not what it used to be.

My running continues to go pretty well. I have a good shot at running 1500 miles before the year is over. I have to average 38 miles a week to get it done. I did 38 last week and am on track to do at least that this week. Sounds like the weather could get a little more challenging as the week progresses. Since I bombed out at the Monumental Marathon (see older posts) I kinda want to reach the 1500 mile mark. My other running goals were to go sub 22 for 5K, and I did that with a 21.30 at the Persimmon. I didn't quite reach my half marathon goal of 140, but I got close. I think I can get it next time.

Got a good day ahead of me. Going to run 8 miles here in a little bit. Then I get to help load a semi with Bryantsville corn. This afternoon will give me some time to check in at the store and do some study. The store continues to do very well. It is truly a blessing in so many ways.

There is a chance of a little snow tomorrow night! There is also a big storm brewing for next week. Rain or snow? Only time will tell.

Gotta git! [Hope to write more this evening.]

No comments: