Monday, November 30, 2009

Here we go again

Time to get back to work! I love Thanksgiving; it's my favorite holiday of the year. It's all the nice feel of Christmas without all the commercial junk.

We had a really nice Thanksgiving. Lester and Maddie came in for a couple of days, and Luke was here. We ate and laughed a lot. Good stuff.

I was so out of routine last week, so I really need to push pretty hard this week to get some things done. I only have two more class meetings with my Oakland City students before I give them the dreaded (by them - ha ha!) final exam. I am really wanting to get our church website pushed along as well. Plus all the usual stuff.

Yesterday was a really good day. We had a nice crowd at church and though a lot of people seemed tired or hung over from too much food, everyone seemed engaged and joyful. Our life group last night was wonderful. We spent considerable time expressing thanks to one another for various things. Lots of laughter and lots of joyful tears. We all left feeling blessed to be a part of a loving community.

This week we turn our attention to the Christmas story. We are going to talk about 3 characters over the next 3 weeks: Joseph, Mary, and Jesus. We start with Joseph. He is such an interesting character. We'll try to live the story through his eyes.

OK, I plan to be pretty active here this week, so check back from time to time.

No comments: