Sunday, October 11, 2009

Pretty good weekend

I had a pretty good weekend. How about you?

Friday evening Rebecca, Ben and I took Kedra out for her birthday. We took her to Olive Garden. Lester and Maddie surprised her by joining us. We had a wonderful time.

Yesterday I went for a 20 mile run with my training partners. Lester joined us for the last part, which was really nice. He is running quite a bit and running well. I ended up with 50 miles for the week. That feels pretty good. I am thinking more and more that I am going to give the Boston qualifying time a shot; makes me nervous.

After some late-morning pancakes and bacon wonderfully prepared by Kedra, we all headed out to watch Ben play football. It was a good game. Muddy! Ben's team lost on a last second pass for a touch down. Ben almost intercepted it. The pass was slightly too high, so he tipped it. It went right into the hands of a player standing in the end zone. Booooo! Oh well...

We came back for a nice brisket meal. It was the brisket that I smoked on Friday. After the meal Lester and Maddie headed west to see her folks. I spent the rest of the day watching college football and napping.

Today was church. Church is puzzling to me right now. I think everything is going well, but our numbers seem to be decreasing. Can I confess that I find that discouraging? Faithfulness is the key I believe.

Colts and Titans tonight! Go Colts!

No comments: