Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Good Week so Far

Sorry I've been absent from here for a few days! I've been active elsewhere. You can check out www.help4honduras.com to what I've been doing. Especially check out the new photo albums on the "links" page. I also copied all the news from last summer's trip on to a page called "in the news."

We shipped a load of corn yesterday, and this is what I said to the church via email about it:

Yesterday was a really good day. We finally shipped a load of corn and lots of other stuff to Honduras. Several people helped out, including Gary Spear, Nobe, Ron Peck, and Steve Gilstrap from our church family. This load of corn+ represents a “bringing together” of several things and people. It brings together the Bryantsville Hunger Relief Project [ www.bhrp.org ], the Regeneration Store [ www.regenerationstore.com ] and our Help for Honduras [ www.help4honduras.com ] mission work. How? A lot of toys and clothes came from the store; we could not sell them for various reasons. Those things, along with the corn, will be distributed by people we know to Hondurans that we are getting to know. Several people from our church family also collected things and gave things that are now in the container on its way to Tegucigalpa.

We had a really good class tonight. We discussed our passage for Sunday - Ephesians 5:21-33. I hope things go well Sunday! There is a lot of interest in the passage. I'll spend most of the tomorrow working on my sermon. I could end up doing the same on Friday.

I'm now in taper mode for the marathon; running 8 tomorrow and 8 Saturday and then a few miles next week. The big day is November 7.

Need to stop now...

No comments: