Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Dream

It happened again last night! It seems that it happens about once a year or so; maybe more often. I have this dream, and while it's different each time, it is basically the same.

Last night I literally jumped out of bed and said, "What am I going to do?" Fortunately Kedra slept through this. In my dream I had this extremely important event/thing that I was in charge of, but somehow no one has told me what I am supposed to do or anything else.

I can never quite figure out what the event is, but it seems like it is a life or death situation. All I know is that I wake up so frightened, so afraid, that my heart is beating out of my chest. I am terrified. I say to myself, "This is not real," but it takes me a while to convince myself.

I think last night's dream was due to this morning's assembly. I went to bed not knowing exactly if the Honduras team was going to take care of everything or if I was going to speak. But I wonder if there is something deeper within my soul that is not settled, not at peace.

The dream reminds me of the parable in Matthew 25 - The Virgins not being prepared for the wedding. All I know is that I do not like this dream and the way it makes me feel.

I feel confident in my salvation, but this dream gives me some insight into how those are not most feel in those quiet and real moments of life.

No comments: