Sunday, October 18, 2009

Good conference

The Conference on Preaching at Lipscomb was very enjoyable. The scholarship was outstanding, and the instruction was stimulating. It was great seeing old friends and being back on Lipscomb's campus. I have a lot of fond memories that originate there. I met Kedra there, and I baptized Luke there. There are many others but those are the highlights of course.

I played a couple of minor parts at the conference. I had the priviledge of introducing one of the speakers, Glen Pemberton, who is an Old Testament scholar in the area of Wisdom Lit. I also got to be a part of meeting that is striving to link the church and university. The group is looking for ways to bridge what happens in theological training with what takes place in churches. They are looking for churches where students would serve as interns in their final year of training in the Master of Divinity program, which is 3+ year degree.

The conference was about Wisdom. I will preach a series about it at the beginning of the year. Stay tuned!

No comments: