Friday, October 30, 2009

Gonna try learn Spanish

This is my new goal, adventure. I had a couple of years of it in high school, but I didn't care and didn't pay much attention.

I have a couple of things in mind. One is rather obvious: if I am going to make regular trips to Honduras, then it would be very helpful to be able to communicate at least a little bit. The other thing is that we have an increasing Hispanic population in our area. I don't know of any church that is reaching out to them. I am thinking that a good ministry would be to offer English classes, using Bible stories. Of course whoever leads this work will need to know some Spanish. These two ideas could work very well together.

Someone loaned me some Spanish CDs, so I have been faithfully listening to them as I drive around. I'm going to bite the bullet one of these days and purchase a copy of Rosetta Stone.

Hasta luego!

2 comments:

Jason Petty said...

I have Rosetta Stone for Spanish, so when you get ready for it, just let me know and you can borrow mine. Save you hundreds!

Allen said...

Jason, I'll take you up on your offer! When and where can I buy your lunch?