Sunday, September 13, 2009

Running Report

I haven't talked about running for a long time. I know most think it's crazy, but that's OK.

My running is going well. I am averaging 40 miles per week and am in the heart of marathon prep. The big race is November 7. I still have as my ulitmate goal to qualify for the Boston Marathon, but I have some pretty serious doubts about it. I think it is going to take longer for me to improve to the required level. I haven't ruled it out, but I won't be surprised if I fall short.

I hope that doesn't sound negative or like I am giving up; not at all on either account. I am just trying to be realistic and not put too much pressure on myself. Typically it takes 3 attempts for people to qualify for Boston, according to what I have read. If I do it on the first try, then great, but if not, then I still expect to have a really good run.

Training for the marathon has been fun. I have several training partners, so the miles of the long run pass quickly. I ran faster with a group, which is also good. I think there are about 5-7 people running the marathon that day. No one is taking it too seriously. Life is good.

So far my aches and pains have been just that. I have not missed any training due to injuries. The Honduras mission trip through me off for a couple of weeks, but that's OK.

No comments: