Sunday, September 13, 2009

Help for Honduras

Last week was a good week as far developing some plans for Honduras. I was able to write out a lot of the thoughts and ideas that I have. They are all pretty simple, but I believe that they could be really good and effective.

I met with another guy and talked everything through. He was excited by what he heard, which is the way everyone I've talk to has responded. There are lots of people who really want to help the Honduran people.

Avoiding frustration is the next step in the process. I am trying to create a website, which is something I have never done. I kinda like the challenge of it all, and I kinda wish I wasn't taking it on. I wonder which side is going to win this one? Anybody want to develop a site for me - for free of course? I have all the copy and pictures and know what I want. Simplicity is the theme.

For the last few weeks we have had a load of corn, toys, shoes, and shirts just waiting to be shipped to Honduras. We are waiting on an import permit that has to come out of Honduras, translated into English. [Funny, I don't remember praying for patience! But huge doses of it are being required right now.]

As soon as the website is done and launched I will have lots more to say.

The political situation in Honduras is very frustrating to me, and what is more frustrating is the U.S.'s take on the whole thing. I think the Obama administration is on the wrong side of the issue. I won't bore you with the details, but how can they support a guy who is best friends with Chavez?

OK, enough for now...

No comments: