Friday, February 29, 2008

Transition Day

Today I flew from Izmir to Instanbul. The flight was less than an hour. Pleasant; smooth.

It is good to be back in Istanbul. There is a uniqueness to this place. The sights. The sounds. The smells of all the food being sold on the street. I am in ancient Constantinople! So much of important history took place here or near here. It boggles my mind trying to process and comprehend it all or even a small portion of it.

I am glad to be back here, because it signals the end of my journey. Just a couple of days to “cool down” and I’ll be on my way home. One long day of travel; two more flights. Reunion!

I’ve tried my first attempt at You Tube, so see if this works. No guarantee! I will, however, give you your money back if it does not work. Sorry to my dial-up readers; this may be too much.

If it works, then you will see one of my encounters with a women at the Temple of Artemis. I had already bought some bookmarks from her, and now she is trying to sell me some coins. I have a video camera in one hand and my other camera in the other hand. This does not stop her from putting the coins in my hand. We pick up the video with the boy pointing to his head injury.