Friday, January 11, 2008

Honolulu Nights

We have just come in from our second evening in Honolulu. I have been here several times on my way to, or back from, Australia and New Zealand, but I think I am enjoying it more this time than ever. The weather is just so pleasant, and the atmosphere is so relaxing. We watched the sun go down this evening. Wow! [I caught a few photos for you.]

Maddie, Lester’s wife-to-be, joined us yesterday. She flew in yesterday afternoon, a few hours after we arrived in the morning. We are so glad she was able to join us for these last few days. I hope she still wants to marry Lester after spending the nights with us in a hotel! I guess it’s a good test of her love and commitment.

The last couple of days have been more about being than doing. When I asked the kids what they wanted to do they said something like this: “Nothing, just go to the beach.” So basically that’s what they did. I went for a run this morning, scouting for a long run tomorrow. I want to run to the top of Diamond Head. I think I have it figured out...

Honolulu is a good place for us to transition back into our culture. There is still quite a blend of cultures here, which I really enjoy. This evening we spent a little time in the International Marketplace. It is located right across the street from where we are staying. There is a great food court in there. I had some Korean spicy barbecue chicken. Yum. We also attended a free Polynesian show on the beach. It was so nice.

I guess that’s enough for now. I’ll try write some more tomorrow.

Here’s a slide show for you. If you will run your cursor over the bottom left corner the title of the show should come up. Click on the title to open a new window and see all the captions.