Saturday, January 12, 2008

Friday - Last Full Day in Hawaii

All good things must come to an end. This trip is no exception.

Today was our last full day in this paradise-like place. It was a good day. I got up early and waited for daylight. As soon as I could see I took off to run up Diamond Head. I was on the summit 1 hour and 8 minutes later. It was quite a climb and quite a run. On my way I got to watch the sun rise up out of the ocean. Stunning!

I took a longer route to get back “home,” so I had a nice time in perfect weather.

When I got back everyone was ready to go to the beach, and off they went. I stayed behind to clean up. I then went to the International Market Place for lunch. Today I opted for another chicken dish; well, at least it said it was chicken; it tasted like chicken. [Some have suggested I have been eating cat or dog; funny.]

I joined the crew at the beach for a while, and then we decided to drive for a little while. I took everyone about half way up Diamond Head to see the beautiful views. We then continued around the coast. We saw a whale (couldn’t get a picture) and a sea turtle (see photo in slide show). We didn’t get far, since we stopped to look at the sights.

We were back on the beach for the sunset. Sorry I have included so many photo of it, but it really is something special. After the sun disappeared, Maddie said, “I feel like we should applaud.” Indeed.

Tomorrow we plan to get up and watch the sun rise from the side of Diamond Head. Then we will make our way over to the Arizona War Memorial. About midday we will pack up and head toward the airport. We fly out late in the afternoon and arrive in Indy on Sunday a.m.

Here are a few photos for you. Remember to move your browser over the lower left corner and then click on the hyperlink (blue letters) to see it fully.