Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Wednesday November 5, 2014

Heading out in 20+ mph wind for a little 112 mile ride
Good morning! I hope you are doing well today! I am quite surprised how good I feel. My soreness was all but gone yesterday. Even on Monday going up and down steps was not that bad. I feel like training again already, but I will resist for a few more days. I know my body has not fully recovered yet.

Yesterday I tried to reenter slowly to my life here. I knocked off and cleaned up several things. I had a long lunch with my cousin. He was curious about Ironman and triathlons generally. He bought my lunch. That's always a good thing!

A few hours of the day were spent in trying to capture in words my experience on Saturday. I have 4 pages, 4 pages I am not satisfied with, so I will wait on publication. I will look at it today with a view of editing.

Today will be a busy one for me. I have several specific time appointments/meetings to make, plus just a lot of other stuff. It's all good! I slept fairly well last night. It's weird - leading up to Ironman I did not have the dreams I expected. I am having them afterward! I keep dreaming about my goggles coming off and my bike ride failing. I guess I suppressed those fears pretty hard, and now they are coming out? The mind is a funny thing.

I hope you have a great day!

No comments: