Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Tuesday a.m.

Good morning! First of all, this picture is in no way related to me or my thoughts about me. I just found it and found it funny, plus I am trying to give you a break from Cora Jane pictures, knowing not everyone melts and turns to goo when they see her, like I do (ha ha). I got to see her some yesterday -- so precious.

I am reading through the Bible again this year, which is my normal practice. This year I am reading through based on a chronological approach, which I am enjoying. Plus I am reading through using a different translation from the one I usually use, trying to keep it fresh. Anyway, this morning I came across, in 1 Chronicles 4, I think, the old prayer of Jabez. Remember that and that crazy, almost nutty, fad/trend it created several years ago? Here it is:

There was a man named Jabez who was more honorable than any of his brothers. His mother named him Jabez because his birth had been so painful. He was the one who prayed to the God of Israel, "Oh, that you would bless me and expand my territory! Please be with me in all that I do, and keep me from all trouble and pain!" And God granted him his request.

It's not a bad prayer and not a bad approach, so I don't mean to be critical. I just remember people kinda getting obsessed with it, pulling it out of context and treating it like some kind of magical formulae. That is all (ha ha).

I tried to resume running yesterday after an 8 day break. I severely strained my left hamstring on my least day in Orange Beach, so I have been giving it a rest, focusing more on cycling and swimming. Looks that is going to continue. I am going to have really work hard at rehabbing it. It is a real pain in the rear. Thankfully, "the body doesn't care where the cardio comes from." I very thankful cycling does not hurt in any way, and I really enjoy it.

This week is going to be busy. I have a speaking engagement that will take all of Saturday, so I need to get ready for that. I've got a few other extra things going on as well. I guess all that keeps me out of trouble, right? We'll see... ha ha. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: