Thursday, February 13, 2014

Thursday

Maddie & Cora Jane
Good morning! Looks like another beautiful day ahead! I hope to get mostly ready for Sunday today. Lately I've been working on Friday and Saturday to get ready. I finding break time hard to come by. That's not a complaint, but I do hope to restore a little bit of Sabbath.  It's a busy time and a good time.

Didn't yesterday feel like a heat wave? ha ha Wow, the 30s feel super warm. I wonder what the 50s are going to feel like. I guess we will find out soon. Looks like a little bit of snow first.

Kedra and Ben, along with a bunch of others, are leaving early in the morning to go to Gatlinburg for a big youth conference. I will be holding down the fort. I am not exactly sure what that means, but I will be doing it.

Got another good 5 miles in yesterday. I am going to try ride longer on the trainer some time tomorrow. I would like to work up to 3 hours, working on mental toughness and concentration. The Ironman Florida ride is 112 miles on flat roads, so you are pedaling the whole time.

Around here we get quite of bit of coasting. Of course on the trainer you don't, so as Rand has pointed out, the trainer is a good prep for IMFL. I'm not sure what my limits are on the trainer. I'm certainly no Iron Bill. For the last 2 weeks he has done 100 miles or more on the trainer! Yes, one ride, 100+, on a bike sitting in a room. Amazing!

OK, I better get moving!

No comments: