Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Tuesday a.m.

Rebecca, Maddie (Cora Jane) & Lydia
Good morning! Up to -6 here this morning, so we are going in the right direction. It may drop again before the sun comes up, however. These temps without the wind are not too bad, but the wind mixed in really makes it hurt. I experienced it full on a couple of times yesterday. It simply hurt. I think that's the best way to describe it. It's going to warm up soon.

The waiting and watching for Cora Jane is intensifying as we get closer to the due date, which is about a week away. The doctor told Maddie a while back she thought the baby would come early. Tomorrow Maddie has an appointment, so we'll see what's going on then. Poor Maddie had a cold and slight fever yesterday. We are praying for her to feel better as soon as possible.

Yesterday was pretty productive. I have a nice home office that was warm and inviting, and it encouraged me to get a lot done yesterday morning. I ventured outside around midday and found the town pretty quiet. I worked at the church office for a while and there wasn't much going on. I went out to see some people and run a few errands. People were heeding the advice to stay in. Even Walmart was quiet.

Since I was in Bedford, I dropped by the Energy Lab for a spin on the bike. It was good to spend some time with the dynamic duo of Jimmy and Denny, both off work yesterday due to the cold. After the spin I got home in time for a good supper. Then it was time for football. I like football a lot, but I value my sleep more. Yes, I went to bed at halftime. Evidently I missed a great game. I don't really care. I feel good this morning, after a good night's sleep.

Today I will hang around in this nice home office for a while, waiting for a bit of a warm up. I am going to spend some time with Joseph -- the one in Genesis 37 and following, work on a big Marriage and Family Alliance project, write a letter of recommendation, correspond with a few people about various things, and then venture out for more fun. They really should make a reality show about my life. It would be a great sleep aid.

Here we go!

No comments: