Monday, January 20, 2014

Monday a.m.

Good morning! I'm going to ease back into this blogging thing after a few days of adjusting and enjoying. Cora Jane's birth, last Tuesday, has triggered all kinds of activity, which will start settling down this week. Rebecca has made two trips from Nashville and is still here. She leaves later today. Luke and Lydia came in. It has been a ton of fun!

Cora is doing great. She has been a little jaundiced and has to use the portable tanning bed blanket thing, which is a bit of nuisance for her and those holding her, but it's quite alright. She'll be past that really soon.

Lester and Maddie are making the big adjustment really well, it seems to me. Lester took several days off, so that's a big help. Maddie's mother stayed for a few nights last week, which was also a huge help.

I will do my best to not be the overbearing grandpa, but there will probably be lots of pictures of Cora Jane on here for a little while. Ha ha. She is beautiful, and I know I am quite biased, as I should be.

Life outside of Cora Jane went on, of course. It's a really busy time at church, but it is going very well. Yesterday was an interesting day and a good day. At the end of our morning worship we were planning on a baptism. As the cover to the baptistery was lifted, I looked down to see 3 inches of water where there should have been nearly 3 feet! It was a bit of a surprise to say the least!

Some quick thinking guys got a hose and filled up the tub that had mysteriously drained. We waited and sang and waited and sang until we had enough to do the job. It was shallow and very cold but it worked. It would have been handy to have believed in sprinkling as a baptismal mode yesterday (ha ha) but we believe in dunking or at least covering in water (Romans 6 - baptism is a reenactment of the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ).

This week is going to be a busy and good one, like usual. Last week I managed to keep my running moving along pretty well, and I rode a couple of times. Swimming got shut out, do to school cancellations. I'm at their mercy. This week I must get back in the pool and make good stuff happen. That starts at 8:15 tonight.

OK. Here we go!

No comments: