Monday, January 06, 2014

Happy New Year



Good morning! Remember me? Remember this? Yes, I took a little break from the blog and from my other daily writing. I need to do this every once in a while, and the Christmas break was a good time to do it. We had all kinds of very good distractions and disruptions to our normal routine.

Rebecca was home for quite a while. She went back on Saturday. Luke and Lydia were at our house for a little while before Christmas and left Christmas night to go to her home in Knoxville, TN. There for a few precious days we had everyone around. We had our Christmas festivities on the 22nd. We are not concerned about the day/date. We just want to be together at some point.

Part of our tradition is for the boys and I to go on a long drive through the county and/or surrounding counties, just exploring and seeing interesting things. This year we decided to go find the junk yard featured on the dumb TV show, Porter Ridge. Found it. Life made.  ha ha. We had a great time.

As the year closed, I managed to reach one of my big goals for the year. I managed to get my 3,120 miles for the year, thanks to a few outside rides and some time on the trainer. I fell short of my running goal, due to my injury, but still managed 1201 miles for the year. Swimming miles are harder to measure, but I recorded around 26 miles of swimming. It was a decent year of building toward Ironman Florida.

OK, now I've got started again. I will seek to regain my rhythm for writing. I am really looking forward to 2014 being on of the best years in a long time. There are lots of exciting things going on and coming along, including a little grandbaby, Cora Jane. She should be here soon.

Try to stay warm today!

No comments: