Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Wednesday a.m.


Good morning! Looks like a nice day ahead with bright sunshine. Isn't the sun amazing?

Yesterday was good. I ran early, as daylight was arriving. It was 30 with a light wind. I really don't mind those conditions at all. The run was slow but good, so I think I am ready to get going again. I signed up for this Strava Challenge. This is just about perfect for where I am and will be a good little test and motivator for finishing out the year.

I did not ride yesterday, so the daily average I need to reach my top goal of 3120 for the year went up by a few miles. I don't want to settle for the secondary goal of 3000 yet, though that would be a decent accomplishment for me. My running goal was 1560, but I am going to fall way short of it, due to Mr. Hammy. My new goal for running is 1200 miles.

Yesterday I spent a lot of time living in the future. I worked on several things that will happen in 2014, including a series of sermons regarding the Joseph story, found at the end of Genesis. It is such a powerful story of patience and providence. I am really looking forward to it.

I am also looking forward to 2014. From a personal/family standpoint we are anticipating some major highlights: grandbaby, 30th anniversary, Ben's graduation, Luke's wedding, Honduras trip, Kedra's teaching job (hopefully), Ironman, and all the holiday fun of November and December.

Hope your day goes well today.

No comments: