Monday, December 16, 2013

Monday, Monday. . .


Good morning! How are you on this new day? I hope you are ready to roll. It's a crazy time of the year, maybe the most wonderful time of the year. I like it.

I guess we dodged a weather bullet over the weekend. That's fine, even though I like snow. I am ready for the one on the ground to go away, especially off the roads. Our road still has lots of ice patches, thick ones. I have visions of riding my bike outside sometime this week, so all the icy patches need to go.

We had a good trip south. We left Thursday evening and had a late dinner in Nashville with some friends and some family. It was very nice. Friday we too off for Huntsville, arriving in time for a late breakfast at Gibson's, which serves one of the best breakfasts you'll ever eat.

After that yummy breakfast, I headed over to the Rocket City Marathon packet pick up. I picked up my very expensive shirt. I also picked up Bill's. He was supposed to run, too, but in the end neither of us did. My hamstring kept me out, and he qualified for Boston at Indy.

Arriving at Kedra's parents, I changed into my running clothes and made my way out to see what I could do. It was nice running weather: 50, still, cloudy. I was pleased to be able to run 7 miles. It was slow and ugly, like me, but, hey, it was the farthest I've run since mid-September. I think I am on my way back now.

On Friday night we had "Christmas" with Kedra's folks. Luke, Lydia, and Rebecca all rolled in just in time to eat and celebrate. Unfortunately Lester had to work, so he and Maddie could not make the trip.

Saturday we got up, ate breakfast and began the trip home. We stopped at Lipscomb for Rebecca to finish up some of her duties as an R.A. After that we were homeward bound. It was an eventful trip, which is just what I like.

Yesterday several of us hopped on our bike trainers for an hour or more, racking up a few miles while listening to the Colt's game. I have 2,887 miles for the year. One of my endurance goals for the year was 3,120. Hmm.  Fifteen days and 233 miles. That works out to be a pretty big challenge for me. Not sure I will make that one, but I'll keep looking at it.

Lots of stuff going on, so I better get going. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: