Monday, December 09, 2013

Monday a.m.

Good morning! Monday, snow day for lots of people. Ben and Kedra are still in bed. I think they have mixed feelings about snow days in December. It means more time in school in the spring. Oh well, it will be what it will be. Sounds like we may get a little more tonight. I hope the schools can meet tomorrow.

I have used the snow as an excuse or reason to really slow down on a lot of my endurance training. I did spend some fun time working on my bike.  I will get back to training today. I am hoping Mr. Hammy is just about healed now. I will give him a try around daylight.

We had a busy end of the week and weekend. The forecast added a little extra excitement to everything. We had to make some big decisions. In the end, we decided to press on, regardless of the weather. We "moved" the ReGeneration Store to our church gym for the huge toy sale.

The sale went really well. We sold more on Saturday than last year. We have so much left that we are going to keep the Store open in the gym today and tomorrow, hoping to sell lots more. What we don't sell will go to Santa Joe.

We also had our coat giveaway on Saturday. It went really well also. We estimate we gave away around 250+ coats, and we know many more folks will show up this week and beyond to get coats. We are ready. We had a couple of other churches join us in the work. Woodville brought hats, gloves, etc., and Tulip Street brought in a bunch of shoes. It was a great day of blessing people who needed help. We have a great group of service-minded people working on Saturday.

This week should be good! I am looking forward to it. I hope your week goes really well!

No comments: