Monday, December 02, 2013

Monday a.m.

I only direct so I can wear The Vest
Good morning! How was your long, long weekend? I hope it was all good. From my standpoint, and please know this is not a complaint, there wasn't much of a break. We had a great race to take care of and all the usual Sunday stuff got pushed, again, to Friday and Saturday, which was all fine.

The Give Thanks 4 went off without a hitch. We had 177 registered and 170 finished. Some did not show, presumably due to the cold. And it was cold! I think the start was probably around 20, but the wind was light. I didn't really hear any complaints.

As usual we had amazing volunteers, about 30 of them, that made the race go so well. Everyone seemed to have a great time. In a lot of ways, for me, the highlight was the Albert Award, which I will post about separately. The race grew considerably this year, our 4th year. I believe next year we will see 200 runners.

The rest of the week was filled with family fun, food, work, food, play, food, and then we ate some. It was all good. It was so nice having Luke, Lydia, and Rebecca around most of the week. I always have a bit of sadness when they leave, but I know they are doing well. I just miss them a lot.

On the endurance front, I had a good 5 mile run Saturday, the best I've had since Mr. Hammy decided to be the boss of me. He got a lot quieter Saturday. I will see what he says this morning. I also had 2 really good rides outside, one Saturday with Bill and one yesterday with six other guys.

Bill and I rode 31 miles Saturday afternoon and the six of us, Dan, Bill, Troy, Scott, John, and James rode an easy 21.5 yesterday. It was fun. It also allowed me to reach one goal for the year: to ride outside every month. I'm glad to have that goal met. Now I am looking to reach the 3000 mile mark; less than 200 to go.

OK, a busy but good week awaits. I think I will get started. Actually I already started, so I guess I will continue. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: